Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thing#14 Technorati and Tags and Castles.... Oh My!




Sometimes life is a leisurely drive, sometimes it is full of twists,turns and bumps. It's all about how we roll with it, don't you think (that's a rhetorical question to everyone except to YOU, my castle bound friend with the fire-breathing dragon)? If it were not for those occasional dark days, we would not recognize how lucky we are to be alive in the sunshine. We would not see the beauty that is always really there...if we seek to find it. If we see beyond the walls we sometimes build around ourselves.

I digress.....speaking of bumps in the road and seeking to find info....Technorati was a speed bump on my homework road today. I am going to be blunt. I did not like Technorati at all. I found the sight frustrating and I will not be using it in the future. You really have to have a lot of prior knowledge before your search. You cannot browse! To find library 2.0 successfully, you much search via posts rather than blogs. I tried the whats popular tag and and it was “currently unavailable.”

Tagging is a great tool, but it needs to be done in such a way that even the most clueless person could benefit from them! Ah, yes, that includes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment