Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thing #11 LibraryThing




I knew about library thing, but never considered joining before now. This is a great way to network with other book lovers and chat about BOOKS! This could be a very good and/or a very bad thing. Good for obvious reasons (networking), bad in that it could be a place where I spend too much time in the pursuit of just having fun! Maybe off in that far away world when I’m done with grad school classes and have time again! I did join the Librarians who Library thing group, and subscribed to the feed.

I cataloged the 5 books that have impacted me the most: The Little Prince, The Gift of Nothing, Edward Tulane, and recently The Book Thief, and Scaredy Squirrel! And believe it or not, there is another person out there that has 4 of my 5 books on their list too…..lol!

Author chat and book talk groups could be used with older kids. I’ll wait for an author I know and check that out. When I have more time I’ll devote it to the site. This will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment